Pullerbear Tree, Weed, Buckthorn, Privet, Honey Suckle PullerPullerbear Featured in the February/March Edition of Fine GardeningThe Do It Yourself Network's I Hate My BackyardHome of the Pullerbear Tree and Weed Puller.The Pullerbear Tree Puller StoreCompare Pullerbear to the CompetitionPullerbear Making the News and Print.Pullerbear Customer Videos and How to Pullerbear VideosRandom Pictures of the Pullerbear in Action.Pullerbear Customer's Opinions.Pullerbear Contact Information and AddressIntroducing the Pullerbear Family and How Got HerePullerbear Instructional Videos and DemonstrationPullerbear TikTokPullerbear YouTube VideosPullerbear on Twitter or X or Whatever The Fuck It's CalledThe Pullerbear Instagram Pullerbear Facebook Page.

Pullerbear Tree Puller origin


These 3 Welcome To Shawnigan Lake Signs were the first projects of Pullerbear.  An all volunteer project completed with all donated materials and services. 

The invasive weed around these signs - scotch broom - was the inspiration for the invention of the Pullerbear.


Shawnigan Lake The Birthplace of Pullerbear Tree Pullers


Our apologies for this page still being under construction... It's our most recent page addition to this website and we are collecting pictures and

videos from the very beginning.  The following will be the chapters of this journey.

 Chapter 1 - 15 Years of Clock Watching
 Chapter 2 - First Step To Pulling Shoot on the Dead End Job
 Chapter 3 - Develop More Than One Income Stream
 Chapter 4 - Faking It Until You're Making It
 Chapter 5 - Identify a Need / Pain - Fill The Void / Cure the Ailment
 Chapter 6 - Respond to Customer's Questions and Concerns ASAP (even if they are jerks)

Chapter 7 - Provide Quality Services and Products - Word of Mouth is the King of Advertising

Chapter 8 - When it's time...Let go...Delegate and enjoy your free time.




The Clock From Island Farms Dairy Culture Department 1988-2003


This clock is the actual clock, that I looked at a million times, for over 15 years, and wished each time it would run faster.  I was, in affect, wishing my life, on this planet, away.

How did I end up with the actual clock, from the Culture Department of Island Farms Dairy, it was mine.  When I first started working at Island Farms, someone had inadvertently sprayed

water on it's predecessor, and it's time had run out.  The next morning, prior to leaving for work, I remembered I had an old clock that had hung on our kitchen wall when I was just a kid.

I found it amongst some other relics of my past childhood and off it went to it's new workplace.  There it hung for the next 15 years, not skipping a beat the entire time, and dreaded by 

everyone of my co-workers.  The red second hand couldn't lap the minute and hour hands fast enough.


The first sign that I could not go on with this job was when I was given a 0300 shift 4 times a week.  Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.  Four days a week, what's the problem? 

The problem was my sleep and the lack of it.  I found my self in a constant state of "jet lag".  Four days straight would have been better, but living Wednesday as a normal day and

then going back to the 3 AM Thursday and Friday was not healthy.  To get my 8 hours of sleep a night would have meant going to bed at 6PM, up at 2AM.  Most of the year the sun is 

still up and bright at 6PM and I had four young kids in the house.  I was getting maybe 4 hours a night.


The result was a zombie trying his best to stay awake for the 45 minute drive home over the dreaded "Malahat".  It is a Southern Vancouver Island Highway that is mountainous,

narrow and busy.  The only route to access southern Vancouver Island and the capital city of British Columbia, Victoria.  I would arrive home and not remember a single thing about

the drive home.  It was terrifying and concerning at the same time.  I wasn't going to survive this and, quite possibly, others may not either.  It was time to reconsider my line of work.

15 years seniority came with perks, of course, free healthcare but other Teamster union benefits, 5 weeks of paid holidays, dental, extended health benefits and the piece of mind that

cows don't stop producing milk and the dairy didn't stop processing it.


When I chose to resign my position at Island Farms, I requested the "CLOCK".  Everyone but me had forgot, but me, that it was my clock, hundreds of other workers came and went

through the Culture Department and little did they know that it was my CLOCK.  Once I had signed my resignation, I asked the Human Resources Manager, Bill Squires

(not the punk rocker Billy) if he had the CLOCK.  Oh Yeah, he said, and with some indignation, he reached under his desk and pulled out the CLOCK.  Covered in 15 years of

accumulated milk and whey powder dust, he pushed it across his desk, with one finger, like it was a big pile of dehydrated cow shit, and said "kind of petty, don't you think?". 

"Oh!" I said, "it's not petty, it's symbolic." I said, "look at this piece of crap, it's ugly and has no value and it will only be correct two times a day,every day, for eternity. 

It was 12:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) when I moved those hands one last time. The time I had officially resigned from Island Farms Dairy.  I asked Bill if he had ever

wished  that time would go by faster while he was at work?  He acknowleged, "of course, who doesn't?  I said, "it's time to leave.  For you too Bill."


I had just quit my job of 15 years, I had four dependant children and my wife, Brandi, was a stay at home mom.  What the Holy Hell had

I just done?  Other than marrying my wife and the birth of my four kids, it was the best day of my life.  I still have that old clock, it's still right on time twice a day.  It hung in my home

office for several years, I cut it's cord off, it had served it's time as it was intended - a reliable time piece that remained extremely accurate.  More importantly

for me, it served as a reminder, that if I ever needed motivation to get up and do something I would only have to look at that clock once.  That clock may not be worth a buck to anyone

else, but to me it is a timeless masterpiece and invaluable.

BTW, I gave Bill a brand new clock to replace my CLOCK.


CHAPTER 2 -  First Step To Pulling Shoot on the Dead End Job... It Wasn't a Rock It Science.

Now what are we going to do?  I had been doing some rock work around my house that turned out pretty good, so may be this would be something I could do until I refined the Pullerbear

and figured out how to market a product that no one had ever seen or used before.  I had a pick up truck and a utility trailer, rocks were super cheap and sometimes free.  Sand and gravel were

cheaper still.  The biggest cost was the Portland cement and that was maybe $10 for an 80lb bag.  The overall cost for 1 squarefoot of rock face was still just pennies.  The overhead was next to nothing

when a few rocks, a shovel full of mortar was all it took to complete that square foot.  A flyer drop at a local, higher end, retirement community, was all it took to secure our first customer.  Now, if you

understand what happens in a retirement community when it comes to a bunch of retired guys that are either golfing or watching what is going on over at Charlie's place.  They start thinking of what they

can get done, at their place, to show up what Charlie just had done.  We were in the Arbutus Ridge for 2 years.  We weren't the only contractor going from home to home, it was particularly obvious when

Charlie would get a new roof and then most of the other houses, in the same cul-de-sac, were sporting new shingles shortly there after.


 In between rainy days and stonework customers we refined the Pullerbears.  Developed new models and sizes.  We took on  some

invasive weed control and clearing jobs to kill two birds with one stone.  Test different models and features to see if they worked. 

We addressed the sinking into soft ground problem by adding another back foot to each Pullerbear, the jaw had to be more

aggressive, we fixed that and all the while we were still earning a living between stonework, invasive weed control and selling

Pullerbears.  Life was good.  No boss, multiple income streams, and on the precipice of developing something we knew would be a

success if we could just figure out how to market a tool that no one had ever seen, never touched and never used.

Enter the Dragons' Den, a Canadian TV show (the predecessor of the ABC's the Shark Tank.) that was broadcast nationwide on

Canada's most prominent network channel.  That brings us to Chapter 3.